Soil Moisture Indicator
Soil moisture Indicator measure the volumetric water content in soil. The relation between the measured property and soil moisture must be calibrated and may vary depending on environmental factors such as soil type, temperature, or electric conductivity. An ideal tool to keep your plants/farms grow healthier.
Monitoring soil moisture levels is required for effective irrigation water management. Water is the most precious resource on our planet. Our Soil Moisture Indicator senses the moisture levels in the soil.
Irrigation water management requires timely application of the right amount of water. Competition for water, high pumping costs, and concerns for the environment are making good water management more important.
Soil moisture meter can be used for indoor and outdoor to better know the condition of your plant through soil moisture monitoring.
Measuring soil moisture, detects if there is a water shortage that can reduce yields or if there is excessive water application that can result in water logging or leaching of nitrates below the root zone. Measuring soil moisture also can build an awareness and knowledge of each irrigated field that is invaluable for planning and management.
Who can buy?
- Field staff
- Sugar Mills
- Agricultural Institute
- Can be given away as a gifts at the agricultural events.
Soil moisture indicator is approved by ICAR. Soil moisture indicator gives instant result.
Directions for using the SMI
- Locate the place where you would like to check the soil moisture status.
- Insert the SMI vertically depending on the root zone of the crop. Press the switch and HOLD till the LED light stops on a particular coloured LED depending on the moisture status.
- Refer to the table on the SMI for the status of the soil moisture depending on the LED colour from the point number 2.
Note: Don’t use the SMI just after the irrigation. Use the instrument in soil before irrigation.
- Instant indication of the soil moisture status.
- Indicates soil moisture level with more objectivity by different coloured LED’s.
- Saves water, current and time.
- Suitable for different types of soils.
- Suitable for use in nurseries, farms, potted plants, etc
Table for reading the soil moisture status on instrument:
|Colour of LED||Soil Moisture Status||Inference|
|Blue||Ample Moisture||No need for irrigation|
|Green||Sufficient Moisture||Immediate irrigation may not be necessary|
|Yellow||Low Moisture||Irrigation advisable|
|Red||Very Low Moisture||Immediate Irrigation necessary|